collapse

Author Topic: Webhosts?  (Read 468 times)

Offline Varian Wrynn

• The Winter Soldier
  • Einherjar
  • For the Alliance.
    • View Profile
    • Brookhaven
  • Preferred Pronouns: He, him, his, etc.
Webhosts?
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
So I'm having some serious issues with my host. They've always been a tad difficult to work with [they like to blame me for their issues] but it always eventually got resolved.

Now - it's different. They were bought out by the MASSIVE company EIG and while some companies thrive under them, mine has not. This company has started into a downward spiral and the service and tech support is horrific. Another server had a failure and there was no backup on the host's end. None, not even older ones even though they're supposed to keep them. It was catastrophic.

Enough is enough for me, and after hours of sitting on hold endlessly or getting days and days of chat or email tickets ignored and 'auto escalated' because 'my service matters' I have had enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions for non EIG hosts or at least hosts that are fairly decent?

Mind you, while I only have one active rpg at the moment, I have 5 projects on the backburner, 2 of which will be using IPB software [which is a huge resource hog]. I currently pay 7 a month for their 'unlimited' low end service, and we can pay up to 12 a month for something similar [or that at least has a fair bit].
Find me here:

Offline Varian Wrynn

• The Winter Soldier
  • Einherjar
  • For the Alliance.
    • View Profile
    • Brookhaven
  • Preferred Pronouns: He, him, his, etc.
Re: Webhosts?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »
Double post, but it's been a while and I figured an update was necessary.

The host I was trying to get away from ended up having even WORSE issues and it came out that we'd basically been abandoned until their new support got up and running and things had been mishandled from the start with the transition to the new owners own servers.

I went with MDDHosting, and opted to drop our rating down slightly [only one site needed adjustment thankfully and it's WIP anyway]. So far it's been night and day - we're loading lightning fast compared to the crawl from before. I've not had a single issue since we switched over. We paid a bit more, but we have their highest shared hosting for less than double what I was paying the last place - biggest difference is it's not 'unlimited' everything. I doubt we'll come close to running out though as what I chose is essentially for businesses and I have 6 tiny websites. :P
Find me here:

Tags:

* Useful Links

* Chatter

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Posts

Suitable reasonable vigra no remedy by Stuarzbog
[October 24, 2017, 04:17:17 PM]